Saturday, September 4, 2010

"Clean Up on Isle 3!" "Clean Up on Isle 3."

I don't know about you but, do you ever feel like your life is just a big, fat, sticky, hot mess?

I'm not just talking about a few shattered pasta sauces accidentally knocked off the shelf but, like, you somehow tipped over the entire pasta sauce display?  There's just sauce everywhere.  It's all over the floor.  It's all over you.  There are even a few innocent bystanders who things got a little harry for just because of their close vicinity to you.

No doubt about it, life gets messy.  In those tumultuous times, I sometimes find myself just wishing away the whole situation.  I might feel mortified.  I might feel embarrassed.  I can't believe how big of a mess I've made of things and somehow, the idea of everything going back to some kind of normal just doesn't even really seem possible.

What lessons can be learned when your life seems like the big, fat mess splattered all over isle 3; out there, on display, for everybody to gawk at and see?

Well, you probably need some help.  You can't do it alone.  You'll need a few tools to, specially designed to get everything done.  You'll probably inevitably find that, before it's all said and done, the newly designed display is better than the one before.

You may still find little traces of pasta sauce from time to time; little splatters that would have you sink back into remembering that rough time.  But after you do inevitably move on from that place, you are stronger for it and that's what I always have to keep in mind.

I know I can't do it alone, and I can't let my shame over the mess I've made keep me from asking for help.  It will take a team effort to get this life back on the shelf.  But it's so worth it because when we're all through, I know I'll be a little bit stronger, I heck of a lot wiser, and more secure in myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment