Monday, October 11, 2010

Post 30 Day Challenge

Well, it's over.  The 30 day, peanut butter free challenge has passed and, if I'm being honest, my love for the nutty spread has only been strengthened by our time of separation.

I must say though, after getting just a few days in, I was really wishing that I had made it like, a 3 day challenge instead of a 30 day challenge...

For breakfast this morning, I did enjoy the tried and true pairing of a banana and a delightful, crunchy, heaping spoonful of peanut butter... and, it was sooooooo good.

"What did I learn," you might be wondering from this self imposed abstinence?  Well, I learned that we live in a world of abundance; an abundunce of healthy, yummy foods to enhance any snack or meal.  I really enjoyed getting creative in my shopping for spreadable alternatives.

I also realized that, I have my whole life with, three meals a day every day, to relish the various tastes and textures and aromas of food.  When it comes to a specific taste or a particular food item that I love, I really will have another chance to enjoy it.  It's not like a one time thing.  So there's really no need to enhale something as if I've never eaten before or as if I'll never eat again.

So there you have it.  I must say though, when it comes to me and peanut butter, I do think it's going to be a life long thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment